Peter Sagan does Grease, England in Johannesburg and free-kick wizards
1) The third Test started on Thursday morning in Johannesburg, and it has plenty to live up to. Since South Africa’s readmission in 1991, England’s Tests at the Wanderers have been highly eventful. There was Mike Atherton’s in 1995-96; in Duncan Fletcher’s first game as coach four years later; and a famous victory in 2004-05, thanks to from Marcus Trescothick.
2) Wasps centre Elliot Daly is one of seven new caps in Eddie Jones’s Six Nations squad. Here’s a tasty , and a against Harlequins. Fellow new arrival Maro Itoje has come a long way from the 2014 , while Sale’s Josh Beaumont will hope to get more offloads like .
3) The 2016 Australian Open is days away, and it will do well to match 2015, where Nick Kyrgios was , Roger Federer , Eugenie Bouchard was , and Kim Sears had some for Tomas Berdych. The finals were more predictable, with and .
4) The Masters snooker is on at Ally Pally. made the final of last year’s tournament, which featured . The Masters can be cruel – just ask or , who suffered different forms of torture in 1991 and 2007.
5) “Good evening, Newcastle!” The late, great David Bowie .
6) The world of sport: a Japanese school team deliver an free-kick routine; Alabama and Clemson show what makes ; and galore in the Coupe de France.
1) Cycling sensation Peter Sagan and his wife doing a Grease tribute?
2) Peter Nevill is in the Big Bash – Melbourne Stars bowler Adam Zampa’s nose, to be precise.
3) An of 2015, including USA’s Aaron Gwin winning a race with no chain, and a high-wire act that’ll turn your stomach.
4) In 1969, Czechoslovakia’s ice hockey team played, and won, less than a year after the Prague Spring. You can see the entire first game .
5) Horse riding and wakeboarding: .
Spotters’ badges: BlackCaeser, whobroughtoranges, Vesuvial, NorskBantam, looking4WMD.
Guardian YouTube football channel
Leo Messi wins the Ballon d’Or …
And the Guardian YouTube sport channel